Tuesday, October 11, 2005

FYP Testing

It's the start of the new semester. Today's first lecture was in the new ABA lecture hall opposite UTAR. and to my horror we're studying Distributed Computer System and OOSAD. damn, not one subject that I'm familiar with. And there's a Liberal Art subject we're taking which is Drama, also taught by Ms. Simone who previously taught the Short Story subject. Maybe this time she won't bore us by reading stories again. Nonetheless, I hope it turns out right. At least I don't have to study that dreaded World Religion as rumoured by dunno-who. Again, the Liberal Arts is a breath of fresh air, well for me at least, coz I'm damn sick of programming.

I can't begin to imagine facing the computer screen 12 hours non-stop later when I work.

Anyway, after the lecture me and Frankie were going to book the comp lab for our FYP testing on Wednesday. Just as I was about to fill in the booking form Ms.Ngoi, my supervisor, called me on the cell. Surprise! She postponed our testing period by one day to Thursday 1pm! Damn it's good to know we got xtra 1 day to complete the parts that we thought otherwise couldn't finish. The downside is that there's another supervisor on the spot to test our system. Just hope everything runs well, or else I'll be vomitting blood again.

Still pending and working on:
* VB data reports (the SQLs still doesn't work, goddammit someone help me)
* ASP main page
* generate test data for testing


here's something I got from soe chin. It gets better towards the end. :)


You know you are living in 2005 when...

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself. Go on, forward this to your friends ...you know you want to!

No comments: