Tuesday, November 29, 2005

can I play Stanley?

Finally! I submitted the final year project to Ms. Ngoi coz there was an error in Friday's printout, now that the FYP is no longer an issue, can start concentrating on this semester's assignments....it's gonna be my last semester in the college...hopefully I can end it with a bang......

Today's Drama class was special : instead of reading out text by text from the play like usual, Ms. Simone played the latter half of the 1951 version of "A Streetcat Named Desire" in the lecture hall, much to the surprise and enthusiasm from the students. It was good, coz' I wanted to finish it a few weeks back but couldn't. Even outsiders not from AIA2 snuck into the lecture hall to watch it. Never thought people would be interested in watching 50s movie. Anyone interested should check out "Rashomon" by Akira Kurosawa, which has a great story and lasting impact.


But back to the topic. One thing annoyed me: everytime there's an intimate or kissing scene some bozos will go "Ooh!" or "Ahh!" as if they haven't watch these kinda things before. Fuckin' annoying...

Watching the movie, I kept thinking how I can channel Marlon Brando when I play Stanley on week 11. The dude's so cool!!! That primitive anger, that raw energy, that brute physique...how I wish I could play Stanley as effective as he is......Teik Teng, like the other group members, wanted a small role, but seeing that he is the only other guy in the group, that effectively leaves him for the character of Mitch......

And I'm quite worried about the drama presentation, coz' 3 members were not present for the lectures since week 2...and the 3 are all girls, how can they pick up and analyse the story and understand the characters like that? Who's gonnna play Blanche (obviously the most difficult role) and Stella? we have only 3 weeks left goddammit! Other assignments are meeting the deadline!!! AARRGHHHHH!!!!!

Tried to borrow the VCD from Ms. Simone, but she insists on not borrowing for fear of losing it, instead wrote a permission letter to the library for a video viewing session......damn it......

******

Celebrated Kien Jean's birthday at the hostel canteen, nothing much, just a simple celebration for a friend's "coming of age"......shared the present with Gilbert, it's a belt and wallet combo...


Birthday boy's on my right. I really like this pic, dunno why, it's got a casual feel to it.

Me and my roomie, the most handsome-est guy there. Pics don't do justice.

Chris, Gilbert and Sang "how-come-I'm-so-fuckin-fair" What.

Wanted to do the OOSAD assignment after that, but ended up blogging.

til next time.

No comments: