Tuesday, November 29, 2005

what i want

Seeing that we are still in college pursuing our studies, albeit for only a few more months, what we are doing can be boiled down to only these few things:

1. assignments
2. tests
3. study (hardly)
4. sleep
5. eat
6. repeat 1-5.

Damn it...this is basically my life in college...with only the occassional jalan-jalan in sg wang, KLCC, those sort of place......well at least for me...basically my life is full of mundane-ness......

Is it just me, or that just almost everyone i know can just splash their money and go on a shopping spree? How come i can't do that? Is it because that I'm too kiam siap to spend? Or too jimat? Even when I want something so badly I'd think twice, maybe thrice before buying it coz spending your parents' hard earned cash, especially if you come from a family who's not from a rich background, really makes me feel bad. No offense people, I'm not saying that u guys are splurging...just having a thought on the subject......

But the money issue aside, all I really want from the daily mundane lifestyle is just a break from it and doing something that I really enjoy, and not thinking about assignments and all that. Just once, I'd like to:

1. be able to read something, graphic novel, or novel maybe, and get something inspirational out of it. I tried The Lord of the Rings a few years back, but no time and the book was just too damn detailed. Maybe sometime later when I don't have anything to worry about, then can fully enjoy it.

The books, comic and novels, that I've been wanting to read: the LOTR trilogy, Fight Club, The Da Vinci Code, The Republic of Trees, Sin City, Y: The Last Man, Identity Crisis, just to name a few......

2. play video games!!! it's part of my lifestyle before the 6th generation video game boom in 2003-05 when all games are suddenly becoming high-end graphics showcases which suck all the powers from your PC. My dad promised a FREE PlayStation 2 early this year coz' his friend was giving one away, but until today still no news. Guess I have to upgrade my PC or get a console. But damn, the PS3 and XBox 360 and Revolution are coming out...

The games I wanted to play: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Devil May Cry, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, 24: The Game.

Note that I am only interested in story based action adventures, never interested in strategy games or MMORPGs......

3. watch lots and lots of movies. Not those Hollywood bullshits (not all, just some mindless mediocre movies that I hate), but those that people consider boring art house stuff. I don't claim to understand all those art movies, but they do provide a stimulation to the mind. And the occasssional oddball films that has far more memorable moments in one film than 10 Hollywood blockbusters put together. (case in mind: Pulp Fiction, Fight Club).

Movies to watch: Dead Man Walking, The Hours, Braveheart, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Traffic, Buai Laju-Laju, Rain Man, Being John Malkovich, etc (and definitely waiting for Gubra)

4. watch all seasons of 24! Everyone who knows me knows I'm a 24 freak...either I'm gonna splash RM600 for all seasons in original material, or RM250 in pirated goods......either way I'm gonna get it after the exams. Or just Season 1 before the end of December...

5. get together with all the primary and secondary friends that I lost in touch with, but then found them in Friendster (the wonders Internet can do for you :P). Nothing like good ol' pals getting together talking cocks......

That's all I can think of for now...I blog too much...I should start doing the design documents already, or else the group leader's not gonna be happy.

No comments: