Saturday, January 21, 2006

I got reviewed!

My blog got reviewed! Check it out here!

Actually I found the site after ShaolinTiger got his reviewed, and later I shamelessly requested a review from the moderator, hehe......I got a respectable 7 out of 10, but the review is also the shortest one on the site. Hmmm, maybe my blog interface is TOOOOOO simple.......

And since this is my blog, I don't need to put up a disclaimer to warn anyone of the profanity. If you're shocked by my cussing, that's because you don't know me well......almost everyone I talked to knows that I literally spits out curse words every now and then.

I am aware of this and I'm also embarrased by this disgusting habit, but it's already in me, and still growing by the day. So get used to it.


On an unrelated note, been spending the whole day online fooling around (not THAT KIND of fooling). Then after dinner with Kok Leng, we watched Pulp Fiction together. It was my second viewing and finally got some of the jokes previously didn't get.

Most importantly..............

I WATCHED THE UNCENSORED VERSION OF SPL!!!



WARNING ! SPOILERS AHEAD !!!
I know a lot of people watched the bootleg DVD (yes, you're one of them) and the ending was cut straight away to the beach scene while Donnie Yen sips a glass of wine, where Sammo Hung was presumed dead from the fight.

But that was the China version, a more optimistic ending than the original HK and western version. Here's what really happened......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
While drinking the wine, Sammo got up and managed to throw Donnie out of the window. Donnie falls down a few stories and smashed on a car, dead.

Cut to Sammo watching from above. He then noticed the car's license plate and realized that his wife and child are in the car. Then comes a 30+ second close up on Sammo's face as he cries in pain.

I think this ending captures the overall mood and theme of the film better. In the end all the characters meet their demise and thus proving that fate and karma is inevitable.

NOTE:
The bootleg version in China was censored and edited into the "happy" ending to fit the country's policy in movies that good guys will always have victory, while bad guys will always receive punishment. In contrast, the original ending was more fitting to the director and writers' artistic vision.


NOTE TO SELF:
Never again stay up so late like now, 5.20 am. Your body will be malfunctioned.

No comments: