Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Da Vinci Code is dope!

Yes! Finally, I've finished reading The Da Vinci Code, after one week......yeah yeah, I'm a slow reader, I don't frequently read, and I can't be like some of my friends who went through the novel in just one night. The book's out for about 3 years now I think, and the movie is coming out soon, so I told myself that I had to read it before watching the movie, seeing as the buzz and hype is neverending...

The book didn't disappoint. The first few chapters are slow, building up the mystery and leading into the climax in the last few chapters, which is simply "unputdownable".

It's really an exhilirating thriller with some twist on Christianity, secret societies, hidden messages in famous paintings and the likes. Now I understand the controversy surrounding it. Devout Christians definitely will not like it (unless they treat it as purely fiction). I think I'm going to have goosebumps the next time I look at The Last Supper.

Damn it, now I'll have to get those other Dan Brown thrillers. Can't resist it.

No comments: