Finally, Taylor Hicks won American Idol 2006!!! And deservedly so too!
SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL!
Other than Kelly Clarkson, the other three Idols never appealed to me...dunno why, didn't like their style I think...but Taylor definitely has the best charisma and personality to go with his style...I'd most definitely buy his debut album when it's out!
I'm pretty much sure Katharine will be successful too because of her hot looks and great voice...but I'd prefer Taylor more,he's just not that generic......
I still think Elliott has the best male vocal though...
Some thoughts on the performances and the show:
- Mary J. Blige completely drowns Elliott's vocal during the 'One' performance...damn.
- Bucky gave his best performance during the Burt Bacharach-Dionne Warwick session, ironically on a finale.
- Toni Braxton's voice seems muted. WTF?!
- Clay Aiken looked like a freak with that hairdo...
- Prince damn lan xi, not even looked at Ryan Seacrest after finishing his songs... (great songs though)
- The Kellie Pickler skits are quite funny when the lobsters enter the scene
- The parody "awards" are a little insulting-lah in my opinion, but it did provide opportunity for the rejects to perform, most notably the Brokenote Cowboys (gotta love their friendship)
- Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell are forever exchanging gay jokes.
The show is a little messy, but still OK-lah overall......
A great blog site I found for mp3s of past performances:
...and my favourite Taylor Hicks performance: You Are So Beautiful
Technorati Tags: Taylor Hicks, American Idol, Soul Patrol, McPheever