Friday, July 07, 2006

The Right Thing

Damn. Tickets for the Byran Adams gig has sold out...now I can only go watch the group with the spandex-wearing lead singer...Not that I'm very interested in The Darkness anyway......

I went to jogging again yesterday. That was the 3rd time in this week. Back in Malaysia, when I was having my 3 month break, I only went jogging 3 times.

3 times in 3 months. Now, 3 times in 3 days. WTF?

Anyway, while passing through Albert Dock, I saw this guy, 20-something year old chap, sitting on a bench with his back behind me, scribbling some notes on his notepad.

Nothing special right?

When I pass by him, I glimpse through his notes and saw the title of his notes:
.
.
.

"SUICIDE LETTERS".


I stopped. Lots of thoughts ran through my mind. Was he thinking of committing suicide? Is that a thesis or assignment of some sort? what kind of twisted assignment is that? He writing a story? lyrics to a song maybe?

Standlye was with me. I told him what I saw. I was very concerned with that guy, I really thought that he was gonna jump into the sea or whatever, but I didn't have the guts to confront him, nor am I busybody enough to ask him regarding the note. I know I should have, but I just didn't.

So we just sat at a corner and observe him for the next 20 minutes, just in case.

Nothing happened, and we decided to just run off, continuing with the jog, and just let it be.

Did I do the right thing? If he did committed suicide *touch wood* I swear I can't and will never get past the fact that I had the chance to stop him and prevent a death. But I didn't.

Did I do the right thing? Am I overreacting?

No comments: