Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Of Holes and Roads

These days it seems that finding job is so difficult, without the proper 'lubang' and 'jalan' you don't seem to stand a chance among the hundreds vying for the same position as you. That's what I think of course.

I dunno what happened with the applications in jobstreet.com, there seems to be no response from them...but I guess I'll have to wait a little while longer.

I sent out about 15 applications, dunno that can be considered a little or not because most of my friends sent out applications by the hundreds...But sometimes when you stay at home for too long and all you do is procrastinate and day dream, it can be a little boring and "tedious".

I'm quite lucky that my dad helped a lot in trying to find some jobs for me...so much that the first interview today was the one recommmended by his friend.

I had my first job interview today. And I think I botched it.

Damn.

I don't know about you, but I did spent some time reading on those interview tips on how to best impress the people during interviews and shits, yet during the actual interview i made two crucial mistakes.

One, I didn't sell myself well enough. In fact, I was being humble the whole time, making myself look like a wimp. And two, i said something contradicting that led to even more contradiction when answering the interviewers' following questions.

FIRST INTERVIEW MAN, AND I ALMOST FUCKED IT UP.

Oh well, it's an experience after all. Lesson learnt. Just have to be careful next time.

I wonder when next time is gonna be......

No comments: