Friday, February 02, 2007

No direction

Listening to: Travis's Singles album

Well, for those who keep track, this is my first post from a 40 day hiatus.

Yes, that's right. I haven't blogged in 40 days. Even I myself dunno why. No time? Lame excuse la...but really, I haven't had the chance to play My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade, which I bought for almost 3 weeks already.

Probably coz there's not much interesting things to say lately. Wanted to blog about working stuff, but I'd probably turn it into another rant, and ethically we shouldn't blog about work stuff right? for P&C reasons...sometimes I fear that I will cross the line....

And working in a bank (which is very routine itself) also robs me of any excitement that I otherwise may encounter.


Damn, my English is getting sloppy.

Anyway, I'm blogging now coz today is FT day, and I had to wait now in the middle of the night to start my bitchin, coz the whole day was spent cleaning my room and reading papers which I previously didn't have time to catch up on.

So, the updates.

Work wise, everything is ok, getting some jobs to do now after I whined about how I got nothing to do and appearing to be slacking during office time. How I regret about that. Now I got a handful of it I don't even know if I can handle 'em.

And it doesn't help that I fucked up something and almost got a scolding from my mentor. Lucky me, the problem was fixed in time. But this will probably haunt me for a while.


Oh well, I'll just have to bite it and take it as a lesson and try not to repeat it the next time.

* * * * * * * * * *

Movie wise, watched Night At The Museum. Movie itself was okay only, with sloppy characterization and childish dialogue, but there are some inspired and genuinely funny moments. Best watched in cinemas to generate some laughters with other moviegoers.
Hey, it's gotta be good if everyone in the cinema gave an applause when the credits roll...

Also watched Blood Diamond. Brutal. Adventurous. Thought-provoking. Although I find 2004's Hotel Rwanda more intimate and personal. But this is still another good picture form Edward Zwick. One of those serious movies that actually talks about something, in this case conflict diamonds...makes you think the next time you walk past a jewellery shop in those shopping malls. Watch out for great acting performances from Leonardo DiCaprio (he's not just a pretty face anymore) and Djimon Hounsou (always dependable and really shines in this role...plus that torso.....).

* * * * * * * * * *

Social life, hmmm....went out once during New Year's Eve with JZ and Manx, and went for a trip to Penang to celebrate Chris's birthday and bought some DVDs (which still haven't watch). Apart form that, seldom contact friends also.

* * * * * * * * * *

News wise, the only ones that mattered to me are 2 prominent bloggers got into some lawsuit for defamation, and 3 prominent Chinese language daily newspaper being merged. Because this brings the question: where is the freedom of speech in our country?

Sometimes reading the papers can be so depressing, coz' all you read are articles about how obnoxious, dumb, bullying and ignorant our leaders can be. It's all fucked up I tell ya...

Good luck to Visit Malaysia Year 2007. Let's see how this great idea will turn out.

Next time only I rant. Now wanna sleep liao.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: